Explorer Questions - please help!

KCKExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas City, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
Greetings -

I got a 97 XLT 4X4 last year, and I love the truck. I take it off road every once and a while, it just sucks there are no good trails here in Kansas. Here are my questions... My truck has 88k on it, and I'm wanting to know how many more miles do you think I can get out of it? Also, does any one else's Explorer shift hard? Like, from 1st-3rd. Mine seems to do it more when I'm not taking off fast. I'm not sure if this is just how the truck is, as I haven't driven another Explorer before. I think I'm just nit-picking at it, because my friend wrecked into me last time we was out in the mud and left a nice sized dent in the fender. Anywayz... thoughts about the hard shifting? Its always done it ever since I got it last year @60k. Also, please tell me I can squeeze at least 200k out of this truck... because i still owe on it for another 3 years :-| Thanks!!

Steve

The ORV area at Tuttle Creek Lake north of Manhattan, KS is a fine place to wheel, i.e., there are many good trails there, with something for all levels, from mild to wild.

Back