Explorer Sport for a single guy? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Sport for a single guy?

Well being in the same boat I have a 2016 Platinum on order. Currently I have a Raptor and before that I had an Explorer and a S4. .

Im curious, why are you getting rid of the Raptor?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im curious, why are you getting rid of the Raptor?

I will get the new Raptor in 2017 but by the time it is out mine would have over 125K on it and just won't be worth that much. I'm sure there are things I will miss with the Explorer and some things I won't, the biggest being getting into 5 minute conversations every time I get fuel or being peoples first call when they need to move. One thing that I'm sure I'll love is the 100% better gas mileage.

Yeah, I like my '15 sport, but it's not a sports car.

But get what you love. If you're not sure, keep test driving. Something will ring the bell, or you'll find yourself going back to a certain vehicle over and over.

That's my two cents, for what it's worth.

Good advice, thanks.:thumbsup:

Thanks. Since im 46, I'm not all that concerned with what the 20 something women think. :) What is your second car? (the sports sedan)

It's in my sig. 2005 Saab 9-5 Aero. Mint and loaded with only 66k on it. Only had to do an audio upgrade with a 7" touch screen as it has the self-cornering/leveling bi-xenons, weather package, luxury package, and performance package as the Aero.

Never see them around anymore, so it gets comments and compliments. In a few more years I'm thinking a used S8 (I always buy used cash about 2.5 years into a lease so I get 6 months bumper-to-bumper and 2.5 years powertrain and save a lot, but that's just me. I work out of my house and don't put many miles on my cars so I don't mind buying with 30k miles on a car).

My personal style for a sedan is more executive, so to speak, so while the S4 you are considering is awesome, the S8 is the car for me - and 0-60 in 3.5 for a big, heavy luxury sedan like that is out of this world.

It's in my sig. 2005 Saab 9-5 Aero. Mint and loaded with only 66k on it. Only had to do an audio upgrade with a 7" touch screen as it has the self-cornering/leveling bi-xenons, weather package, luxury package, and performance package as the Aero.

Never see them around anymore, so it gets comments and compliments. In a few more years I'm thinking a used S8 (I always buy used cash about 2.5 years into a lease so I get 6 months bumper-to-bumper and 2.5 years powertrain and save a lot, but that's just me. I work out of my house and don't put many miles on my cars so I don't mind buying with 30k miles on a car).

My personal style for a sedan is more executive, so to speak, so while the S4 you are considering is awesome, the S8 is the car for me - and 0-60 in 3.5 for a big, heavy luxury sedan like that is out of this world.

Interesting..As for the Saab, I couldn't agree more that today, they are rare. I know something about Saabs. My parents had two of them and I have had 3. First was a 900S hatch, then a 900SE sedan, then in 2001, a convertible. Saabs are definitely quirky, but that's what gave them a huge following. I've driven the same model you have and it was fun. From what I remember, I think they finally fixed the torque steer once they redesigned. (your model)

Second, I couldn't agree more. The S8 is amazing. If I could afford a new one, that would be the car. But reaching near $100k, not today.

Single guy here. I was making the choice between a Sport, or an S4 as well (also in the mix were 335's and considered the new Mustang GT). If I would have gone the car route, I would have kept my Ridgeline. I have a boat and motorcycle and bikes, so I still need something that can tow and have some utility.

Basically in the end, I really liked how the red Sport looked, and it had pretty much all the options and tow package. I also didn't want two vehicles and insurance payments. I have a double garage, and it's already full of stuff.

As far as car choices, the S4 is a very nice car. I would get one with the sport diff.

I would prob choose the new Stang over a Challenger.

Saying all that, if I didn't have to haul stuff around, i'd probably get an S4. If I didn't live in the frozen tundra, i'd probably get a rear wheel drive sports car (Mustang GT).

Single guy here. I was making the choice between a Sport, or an S4 as well (also in the mix were 335's and considered the new Mustang GT). If I would have gone the car route, I would have kept my Ridgeline. I have a boat and motorcycle and bikes, so I still need something that can tow and have some utility.

Basically in the end, I really liked how the red Sport looked, and it had pretty much all the options and tow package. I also didn't want two vehicles and insurance payments. I have a double garage, and it's already full of stuff.

As far as car choices, the S4 is a very nice car. I would get one with the sport diff.

I would prob choose the new Stang over a Challenger.

Saying all that, if I didn't have to haul stuff around, i'd probably get an S4. If I didn't live in the frozen tundra, i'd probably get a rear wheel drive sports car (Mustang GT).

Great post, thanks...:thumbsup: I prefer the challenger over the mustang, but that's another conversation for another forum :D

I am a 31 year old guy with a dog and single. I came from a 2003 F-350 super duty diesel super cab. I love my Explorer Sport. It is absolutely perfect for me. I was looking at Audi, Volvo, F-150 and a slew of others. I test drove and Sport and absolutely fell in love. It is perfect for me.

33 SINGLE, NO KIDS, PLENTY OF WOMEN comment on my bad [MENTION=127576]ss[/MENTION] 14 white sport.

annnnnnnddd was either the X5 , the Rover Sport, or the XSport...... nothing compared to the twin turbo 4x4 suv x sport.

annnnnnnddd was either the X5 , the Rover Sport, or the XSport...... nothing compared to the twin turbo 4x4 suv x sport.

how much did price play into it? I know the others you mention are much more expensive..how did the performance compare?

If you need the room for hauling stuff get the XSport.

If you don't need that much room check out the Audi SQ5.

Forget the S4 and look for a RS2

Audi-RS2-474x316-9ba77df2afa41142.jpg

:thumbsup::burnout:

how much did price play into it? I know the others you mention are much more expensive..how did the performance compare?

up to 67k. i just like the tech more in the xsport, the x5 seemed too bland.

the rover, no too much room... nice inside but the xsport i can fit 6 cause i have bucket.:)

Back