I want a single spl 12" ..what do you guys reccomend | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

I want a single spl 12" ..what do you guys reccomend

Explorer96xlt

Reaction score
City, State
Maitland, florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT 5.0
Well, ive been looking at memphis mojo's, MTX 9500's and stuff like that, i want to keep it a single 12" in a ported box no larger than 3.0 ft3..

What other subs are going to be really loud, i have a 1500watt RMS amp for it, so throw out some reccomendations..thanks guys

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sell you a x.. 12. I have two of em. Also, what kind of Amp is it that you have?

massive audio 1500.1, how much for the x..

DD 3512
Fi Q 12
RE SX 12

What would be the difference between a 12" and a 15" besides the obvious

thats not enough power for a BTL.

difference between a 12 and 15 is the 15 should get louder and will take a larger box.

also id add kicker L7s to that list

Wagonized, whats the differnce between the BL, and the Q

Wagonized, whats the differnce between the BL, and the Q

Q is a more musical sub with a looser suspension...will work better with the amount of power you have and wont require as large of an enclosure

hey wagonized, you know he is talking about the BL, not the BTL

just wondering if you caught it or just assumed he meant BTL

i dont really know much about a BL, but i believe 1500 is on the upper end of the Q's power handling, BL with some cooling would be better i would think

yeah, im contemplating a RE MX 15 (used), or a FI BL 15 (new), not sure yet

TC-2000 so I am told.

hey wagonized, you know he is talking about the BL, not the BTL

just wondering if you caught it or just assumed he meant BTL

i dont really know much about a BTL, but i believe 1500 is on the upper end of the Q's power handling, BL with some cooling would be better i would think

good call i totally missed that.

BL is a better option then...its supposed to be more musical than the Q or the BTL

MX and BL are both nice, price is a big difference, you prolly will never see many MX's, they are just to costly for mainly the looks, if you can find a good deal on one go for it

i found one in a box for 400 in my area, its in perfect condition

bamaboy- what other subs for under 400 would you reccomend?

i kniow the guy your talking about since you live in flordia, his name is mobeius on other forums

The BL would be good, the Q, for a little bit more $ a Stereo integrity Mag, DD 3500, AudioQue HD3, TC 3000(ehh..ive heard some bad things about tc) KIcker L7, but it wouldnt last on 1500rms long, Orion is coming out with a new HCCA sub, looks nice
H2_10.2_large.jpg

lots of different subs

bamaboy- would the MX be a good pick for 400 bucks?

yea, i say go for it

I like the look of that hcca

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ever thought of a great little no name company like Shocker. Yes, they are light and even with a small magnet they crank out the db's. I hit a 142.7 with a single and only 400 watts in a ****ty box.

Back