Explorer Sport Head Unit Harness & Amp | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer Sport Head Unit Harness & Amp

Blake784

Reaction score
City, State
Florence, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Sport
I have recently ordered an '02 Explorer Sport, and plan to immediately change the head unit, as i already have the unit, and would like my subs hooked up as quickly as possible. At Circuit City, I was told I will need a certain harness, depending on if it does or does not have an amp. I ordered the sport with standard single disc cd player, so there is no sub, and no changer of course. Will there be an external amp in this? And he also told me it is possible that they changed the adapters between the 2001 and 2002 sports, will they be the same? Any feedback would be heavily appreciated. Thanks

-Blake

there is no external amp on your new explorer. it is possible that they changed the connectors for the 2002 sport, but it is also unlikely. ford stopped putting external full range amps in 1998+. the explorers with subwoofers do still have a seperate sub amp though.

thanks a bunch, i feel much better now that im almost sure of what i need, gonna go try to pick up harness for $5 or so from circuit city tomorrow. thanks again,

-blake

Back