Explorer v6 EGR valve problem | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Explorer v6 EGR valve problem

Omegabolt

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 xlt V6
Hello, NEED HELP! enquiring about a temporary solution for the holiday season, Parts are difficult to find here in New Zealand! I have had my 05 v6 XLT Explorer diagnosed, misfire piston 1 and a number of error codes, replaced the plugs, (looked like the originals!) then narrowed it down to the faulty EGR.
Currently there is only one ford explorer in the country being stripped for parts and I missed out. they suggested making up a plate and deleting the valve... Well, as green as we are in NZ I'd prefer to replace the part. but not so green to buy a petrol 4ltr.. so it comes down to performance and if I were to cap off this part would my engine run sweet?, has anyone done this? would it stop the vibration at idle ? would it have more power, burning clean air?

what codes are you getting? the valve rarely fails its mostly the DPFE sensor. Since it's assembled as 1 unit you have to replace the whole thing. If you are getting bad idle it could be a vacuum leak somewhere else (or a leak in your egr hoses)

Thanks, I have my (trusted) mechanic working on it, I'll have to request the codes as I am awaiting my blue driver , we checked the hoses.
what codes are you getting? the valve rarely fails its mostly the DPFE sensor. Since it's assembled as 1 unit you have to replace the whole thing. If you are getting bad idle it could be a vacuum leak somewhere else (or a leak in your egr hoses)

Back