Exterior molding cleaning question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Exterior molding cleaning question

sjones0812

Reaction score
City, State
Boston
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Limited Explorer
On my 2012 Exp I have a question about cleaning the plastic exterior trim that is around the wheels.

I seem to have some lines/streak/marks on the plastic. Is in not a scratch or anything I can feel.

It did not come off when I washed the car.

My guess is that since it has a slight texture, whatever it is might be in the texture.

Any suggestions of technique or product to try to clean this?

I have the same problems but my dad does not. He lives in a different area so could be hard vs soft water, etc. I just wash the trim as I'm washing the rest of the vehicle. After drying, I apply Aerospace 303 protectant. I bought it at a boat shop but have seen it in some auto parts stores I think. Haven't seen at Wal-Mart, Target, etc.

On my 2012 Exp I have a question about cleaning the plastic exterior trim that is around the wheels.

I seem to have some lines/streak/marks on the plastic. Is in not a scratch or anything I can feel.

It did not come off when I washed the car.

My guess is that since it has a slight texture, whatever it is might be in the texture.

Any suggestions of technique or product to try to clean this?
Check out he thread Washing the exterior of the 2012 Explorer. (currently on page 2 of the Forum)

Back