Exterior Trim Paint Codes | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Exterior Trim Paint Codes

I'm hoping someone can direct me to how to find the paint code used on the Exterior TRIM pieces. The base color code is on the door sticker, but I can't find the trim code used.
I am specifically talking about the trim parts used on Eddie B. vehicles like the gold aroud the wheel wells.
This is for my wife's EB Expedition which is white with the gold trim.
Any help is appreciated.
Ken

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What year is the Expedition?? I'm asking because there're a lot of variations of the beige trim.

96EEB,
Thanks for the reply.
Her Expedition is a 99 (same as my X)
It is an EB edition in white with the beige trim around the wheel wells and bumpers.
My daughter proceded to hit it with her car when she was a new driver. Took some paint off the trim and I would like to touch it up. I went through all the paperwork, data sheets, etc, but I find no mention of trim color codes.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks,
Ken

The trim color code is not on my door sticker either. Only the main body paint code is there. I would suggest going to the dealer or a body shop and maybe they could tell you.

This was asked on another thread today. This might help... (copy/paste :))

"If you go to a paint store or shop they should have a hand help scanner that scans the paint and it reads what color that is and they could mix the paint for you. You are not gonna find that color in any auto parts store, believe me, I tried. Ford dealer only has those 1oz bottle that they sell for $10 IF they have it at all."

Where on the door sticker is the exterior paint code, for the main body of the vehical? My Explorer is white and I would like to paint a black piece of trim white. Thanks for the replies...

Michael

On the bottom of the door sticker , in the middle is EXT PNT (Exterior Paint) The two digit code should be right below it.

Let me guess: tailgate handle? :cool:

No. Actually its the base of the radio antenna. I would like to paint the tailgate handle now that you mention it. Just curious, how do you like the MAC Intake? Im torn between the MAC and the KKM. Just trying to get opinions on them both.

Michael

I am going to paint that peice too.

I like the MAC because of the chrome. Performance gains are the same, but if you want something flashy under the hood, then go with the MAC.

I'm hoping someone can direct me to how to find the paint code used on the Exterior TRIM pieces. The base color code is on the door sticker, but I can't find the trim code used.
I am specifically talking about the trim parts used on Eddie B. vehicles like the gold aroud the wheel wells.
This is for my wife's EB Expedition which is white with the gold trim.
Any help is appreciated.
Ken
Ken, Saw your post. were you ever able to find out the paint code for the trim? I am trying to find the same color for my Expedition. No luck. If so, I would appreciate an email. wwadewalker@hotmail.com Thanks!

Back