• Register Today It's free!

F-150 Coil spacer question

CodyMartin

Reaction score
City, State
Mooresville, N.C.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
Ok, I just had the simple question of what does it consist of(parts)? I saw a pic on another thread but didn't know where what went. What year f-150's do the parts come off of, and what Explorer years does this "F-150 Spacer Lift" work on? And lastly how hard is it to do?

-Cody

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A lift on a '94 4door Exp. I was reading and alot of people were saying that if you only needed a little bit of lift to clear some taller tires. The said to use some F-150 factory coil spacers in the front and some shackels in the rear. I'll find the thread and link it.

-Cody

Cool man, thanks. Get some before and after pics and post them if ya can.

-Cody

install is pretty simple - just follow the directions on that link he gave ya, also make sure to get moog camber shims after this:

Moog Camber Shims:
K8983 - 2.75 degree's, 91-94 Explorer 4x4 (3.5 degrees installed on 2WD) dana 35 TTB

K8984 - 3.0 degree's, 91-94 Explorer 4x4 (3.25 degrees installed on 2WD)

you'll probably need 2.75, I bought those and installed them before I went to get it aligned afterwards and my alignment only cost 45 bucks. Save yourself the labor and do this yourself as well. Also, I left my original spacer (metal washer type thing) in when I did this, you can take that out too...I just wanted the extra wee bit of lift. You should net about 1.5 inches of lift from this.

37442354949.jpg

The spacers are on the left

38149800325.jpg

Moog camber shims (18 bucks each from Carquest).
These are easy to install, you just need some snap ring pliers.

Back