Factory Driving/Fog Lights help! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Factory Driving/Fog Lights help!

I have a '02 Ford Explorer that didn't have the factory driving lights installed on it. Now don't get me wrong, some of the aftermarket lights look great, but the factory lights really look good in that bumper, far better than the inserts that are there instead of the factory lights. So I purchased the factory driving light kit from my Ford dealer, and much to my surprise they don't do any installs of aftermarket parts even if they are Ford OEM parts. That's o.k., the step by step instructions that came in the kit are easy to follow and it shouldn't take me longer than an hour or so. But I have a problem. If I am going to install the factory driving lights I would like to have them work off of the factory switch in the dashboard and not the add on switch that comes with the kit. So I purchased a replacement factory switch with the pull out driving light activator and I am going to put the driving lights in and change out the switch. The problem is, I need to know which connectors on the back of this new switch are the ones dedicated to turning on the driving lights? Does anyone out there have the schematics on this switch so I'll know which two leads to plug into? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tim Easley

If anyone has this info, I'd appreciate it as well....I'm doing the EXACT same thing as Tim is to my wife's 02 XLT that didn't come with the factory fogs... TIA.... Mike

Back