Factory keyless entry/alarm/lights FUBAR | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Factory keyless entry/alarm/lights FUBAR

r37ribution

Reaction score
City, State
Ypsi/MI Y town! whoot whooot!!!
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 "Sport" XLT 4.0L OHV
My '96 has the keyless entry option in addition to the key pannel on the driverside door. The alarm/theft light does not work and the headlights don't flash when locked with the remote.

Here is what is going on:
-When I lock the truck twice with the remote the horn sounds but lights don't flash.
-Panic button works.
-Theft light never comes on and the alarm does not sound if I reach in a rolled down window and open the door after it has been locked for 30 seconds.
-The head/running lights use to flash when I locked the truck.
-The hood switch is present on the passenger side.
-The relays under the dash designated for "anti-theft" in the manual are present.

Is it possible to have an X with the keyless entry option and door key pannel but no alarm? Any ideas about my lights not flashing when I lock the truck?

anybody? I'm still stumped...I've searched and I did read something about being able to change the alarm style for different countries here, maybe mine is set to some other country?

but that wouldn't explain why the lights were working on a double lock and now just the horn does...

Back