• Register Today It's free!

factory rims

ygu

Reaction score
City, State
New Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 EB
I just purchased a 98 EB and I was wondering about the rims. I have the 3-spoke version as opposed to the rim that I used to have on my 97 XLT. Is this an upgrade or just an earlier year model? I have seen EB on the road with both rims. Just Curious, thanks for you help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the site!! You'll discover many many things about your Explorer.

Oh man, the rims you have are steel rims. In the late '98 models, the Eddie Bauers and Sports have a new polished aluminum wheels that looks like the XLT's but in reality, they aren't. The Eddie Bauers' wheels are larger than the XLT's. I personally like the wheels you and I have b/c they're very very very easy to clean and it looks good compared to the ones the newer Eddie Bauers and the Sports have.

i have the other rims you guys are talking about on my sport - the 16" tear drops, but if you look closely, they are different than the tear drops. i never knew why they had different rims that year. i always thought it was because of a different option package. i kinda like the rims you guys have better, too.

i like both of yours more then mine.... grrr

Thanks guys.

i want to get some new rims. the ones that came on the 95 sports are kinda ugly. i want some chrome ones. some 18"s.

my limited rims suck when it comes to cleaning them.... toothbrush, cup of simple green, and a few hours set aside...

I have the 96 deer hoof rims Al rims with the chrome lug cover in the center. They're actually pretty easy to clean, just brake dust tends to stick fairly easily to them. They always look good when I get a car wash though.

I actually like the way that they look on my black truck. They stand out, but not too much. I think they're a little more understated than the teardrop or three-spokes.

yeh are cars look pretty much the same alec. i have the 95 black sport. the rims look good when they are clean but they get dirty really fast, especially in the holes.
im not saying they are really ugly. i just want some nice chrome ones.

Back