Fender flares available for 02-05 Explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fender flares available for 02-05 Explorer?

05fordexploder

Reaction score
City, State
SC
Hello all,

I am new to the forum and what a great place for info!

Question, I want to dress up my ride a little and have searched all over the web trying to find any aftermarket fender flares that would fit my 05 XLT Explorer 4x4. I really like the stock ones that seem to flow into the bottom cladding from front to back on the Limited or Eddie Bauers but I am sure there they would be a pain to install on mine. I do see some holes in the fender lip to accept some sort of flare per say but I have no clue to where I can find any. I do have the factory running boards too if that makes a difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So your truck looks like this
aaa11111.jpg

but with painted bumpers, yeah? well i dont know if it'll work, but you could always try and buy the flares like this one
1111aaaa.jpg

but i dont know if they go all the way over the bumper like that, or if the bumper just had that front part molded in. The rear ones should work without a problem though.

If you want something like this
DSCF0987.jpg

i think you have to do a decent amount of work to get it all to fit on there, but i'll leave it to an expert.

Dear 43,

Thanks for the response. Mine looks like the top pic with no flares at all but in the XLT edition with the painted bumpers. I do like the second pic you posted and thats exactly what I am looking for since the lower cladding on the doors on the third pic would probably be a tough install. I wonder how those cladding pieces are even mounted. Wonder if they are drilled through the doors or are stuck on with adhesive tape from the factory?

Anyways, the bumper in the second pic does look like the flare is molded in too. I'm really suprised on the lack of accessories for this vehicle as it is the best selling SUV of all time! Do you have any insight to where the flares came from on the second pic?

Thanks for the input

the flares in the second pic are a factory option. they mount to the truck via holes drilled in the body panels and clips that go through those holes and clip to the flares

i know i would like some black bushwhacker fender flares for mine haha

Back