• Register Today It's free!

fender flares for a 94 ex

foust123

Reaction score
City, State
Elysburg, Pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994,Ford,Explorer
does anyone know of and good fender flares for the 1st gen explorers i need a set and cant find anyone who makes them also does anyone think or know if you can modifi a set a bushwackers for a ranger

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Factory fender flares from any 91-98 4 door will work.

Bushwacker also makes a set but they aren't cheap and seem to be made of more brittle/fragile plastic than the factory stuff.

93+ Rangers had round fenderwells, so those flares wouldn't fit right. 83-92 Rangers and Bronco IIs had square-ish fenderwells, but they were smaller.

There's also the universal rubber flexy flares option as well.

There's also the universal rubber flexy flares option as well.

That is what I have on my BII. Works great, and they look good too. IIRC they have a 4" or so wide version available now (mine are the 2½" ones).

Pacer Flexy Flares ("surface mount" style):
7029594001_large.jpg

i used garden edge for my flairs since i tend to break things lolz, they look pretty good i think
1 roll made for 4 flares and all for the price of $12.00
IMG-20120721-00289.jpg

2nd gen Ranger flares fit with a little modifying.

Ex2.jpg

Ex1.jpg

i used garden edge for my flairs since i tend to break things lolz, they look pretty good i think
1 roll made for 4 flares and all for the price of $12.00
IMG-20120721-00289.jpg

Nice.... never would have thought of such.

i need flares up here and i like cheap mods so figure why not ha ha

That is what I have on my BII. Works great, and they look good too. IIRC they have a 4" or so wide version available now (mine are the 2½" ones).

Pacer Flexy Flares ("surface mount" style):
7029594001_large.jpg

Thank you. I've been looking for fender flares for my 92 4dr XLT. The universal flexy flares look like the perfect solution.

That BII looks great!

Bob

Thank you. I've been looking for fender flares for my 92 4dr XLT. The universal flexy flares look like the perfect solution.

That BII looks great!

Bob

I've had them on for maybe a bit over 6 years now. So far the hot summer sun out here hasn't affected them to any degree that I can see yet.

Back