• Register Today It's free!

fender tim job

97grsport

Reaction score
City, State
carmel,indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 4x4 sport
All right guys guys I need some fender trimming help. Asap . I know due to the holidays your replys might be delayed ,I fully understand but this project hopefully will be completed this weekend.I purchased Mickey Thompson classic II's 15X8 with a 5 lug 4.5 spacing and 3 and 5/16" backspacing. Stock is 16X7 with 4.5"backspacing.The tires I went with are general AT LT 31"X10.5X15 basicly a rip off of BFG. I got a buddy that works at sears and he got me a hell of a deal. I mounted the rim with out the tires to check clearence due to summits you mountem you boughtem policy.The rears are cool the fronts not so cool.The front bumper without a doubt needs trimmed the back of the fender well is ify.My best bud is an engineer, he suggested possibly making a bumper spacer to move the bumper out about an inch or so to create less trimming, less trimming would be good in my opionion and looks do matter because my truck is mainly used as a daily driver..I dont know the specifics on air bag sensors and such ,anyone think this approach is good or bad. I've also been searching for good trim pics either I apparently suck at searching because I cant find a really clear shot of the front fender or instruction on trimming the back of the fender well if required.I know lack of searching does not constitute an emergency on your part but I have searched,and i need help . ive done a 2" lift ,TT and a four leaf pack swap with warrior shackles.Even with the 2" body lift I will be doing in the summer I'll still have clearence problems. I would like a bulldog stance hence the backspacing as well as that is the least amount Mt offers in polished aluminum.sorry for the long post guys please help!I'm not elite yet,but soon so i cant post pics just email me and ill send some pics if needed. neongreensohc@yahoo.com

When I did mine, I took the entire fender off (easy), took a cut-off wheel and notched into the fender. Then folded the sheet metal over to keep a stock-like rounded look. Sorta hard to explain...

Attachments

• trim.jpg
    trim.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 196

Back