Fenders rusting 2004 Explorer XLT v8 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fenders rusting 2004 Explorer XLT v8

None that I have seen and it is probably to old to qualify by now, especially if it has 100,000 or more miles. Usually they will cover it for 5 years, unles there is a recall. But when I took mine in the third time they said no because I reached 100,00 miles. But mine was the recall on the ironoxide in the hood and made it bubble.

Hi...I have a 2000 xlt and the bumper has been rusting and rotting away...Never been hit,dented or anything...My truck is in great condition...Are there recalls on the 2000's...

thanks,Mace

No- completely different problem. The truck is 9 years old, and the bumper gets a lot pf water, muck, and mud stuck behind it, and under the plastic trim. They tend to rust away, it's not a failure of the material if chrome, or the paint if yours is painted.

They have been put a sponge like material between the inner and outer panel that hold moisture for a long time now. My 1988 F350 had this crap. Great truck but rusted out at fenders and lower doors.

They have been put a sponge like material between the inner and outer panel that hold moisture for a long time now. My 1988 F350 had this crap. Great truck but rusted out at fenders and lower doors.

Back