Finally Pulled The Codes. Now What Do They Mean?!?!?! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finally Pulled The Codes. Now What Do They Mean?!?!?!

t-roy707

Reaction score
City, State
reno, nv
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 xlt
ok guys. i finally purchased the obd-1 car scanner. i have a haynes repair manual but it doesn't have some of the codes it read. well i hope you guys can help:

CODE # WHAT HAYNES SAID IT IS

22 manifold absolute/ baro pressure sensor out of range

24 intake air temperature sensor out of range

57 n/a

76 n/a

77 wide open throttle not sensed during test

542 fuel pump circut open. pcm to motor

well here you go x guru's. let's see if you guys can have my x running it's best again. thanks to all who reply.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well according to my ford code book, 57 and 76 pertain to cars only, not trucks or suvs.
As for the 77, you gotta smash the gas whenever the scanner flashes the "10" code.
Sounds like your IAT and MAF need to be cleaned or replaced
As for the 542, I dont have a clue, maybe someone else will.

First, I would expect a '94 to output three digit codes, not two digit codes. The first thing I would suggest is to go back and repeat the test and make sure you're getting the right codes. I don't know what kind of scanner you bought; I've always just used a jumper wire and a voltmeter to read my codes. In either case, you might review "notes on pulling EEC-IV codes" in the EEC-IV forum for some helps in pulling codes. Note that test protocol is the same no matter what you use as an output device.

yeah silly me. like all men, or maybe just me, i was too eager to try the damn code puller out. i didn't read the whole manual to the code puller. as i read more, it turns out there are more tests that i can run with this device. but thanks for the input. ill try it the right way and get back to you guys

Back