• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• Holiday Special! - 2 for 1 Elite Explorer sale!

Right now you can purchase an Elite Explorer membership for $20 and receive a two year membership!

Click Here to start your membership and get rid of the ads!

Finished building my Hummer beadlock rims

MidnightRebel07

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport Trac
Great work on the wheels and inner locks. Is there any special tips to dismounting the tires from these double beadlocks. I'm trying to swap out two bald tires for two newer tires, I can't seem to get the beads to break front or back (not using tire machine). Any links to videos or how-to's would be awesome. Thanks in advance. Also how much would you want for a set of your special inner locks?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
Set it flat on the ground, set a good size piece of wood on one side of the tire (so as to make a ramp) and drive a car/truck/SUV up that piece of wood - that'll break a bead (if not, the piece of wood ;)).

Brian1

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
Callsign
KG5BAQ
With all the nuts removed I just set them on a 6x6 block of wood to slightly elevate them and then jump up and down on the tire sidewall and/or hit them with a big sledge hammer (but watch out for the bounce effect of the hammer!)

Sorry but Im not going to make another set of those inner locks, they were actually somewhat of a pain to fit up. Give Kickass Offroad a call if you want that style

http://www.kickassoffroad.com/kick_ass_offroad_final_002.htm

MidnightRebel07

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport Trac
O.k., thanks for the tips and link.

Randall

Demon4x4 Member
Reaction score
City, State
Mo. City, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Demon Edition
Callsign
KF5ZXT
I just used a cheap tire spoon from Harbor Freight to break the beads off of one of my double beadlocks (had to break it down to replace the o-ring). It came apart easily enough, after I got all of the bolts out. One of which was spinning in it's hole, so I had to cut it out.