Finished building my Hummer beadlock rims | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Finished building my Hummer beadlock rims

Great work on the wheels and inner locks. Is there any special tips to dismounting the tires from these double beadlocks. I'm trying to swap out two bald tires for two newer tires, I can't seem to get the beads to break front or back (not using tire machine). Any links to videos or how-to's would be awesome. Thanks in advance. Also how much would you want for a set of your special inner locks?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Set it flat on the ground, set a good size piece of wood on one side of the tire (so as to make a ramp) and drive a car/truck/SUV up that piece of wood - that'll break a bead (if not, the piece of wood ;)).

With all the nuts removed I just set them on a 6x6 block of wood to slightly elevate them and then jump up and down on the tire sidewall and/or hit them with a big sledge hammer (but watch out for the bounce effect of the hammer!)

Sorry but Im not going to make another set of those inner locks, they were actually somewhat of a pain to fit up. Give Kickass Offroad a call if you want that style

http://www.kickassoffroad.com/kick_ass_offroad_final_002.htm

O.k., thanks for the tips and link.

I just used a cheap tire spoon from Harbor Freight to break the beads off of one of my double beadlocks (had to break it down to replace the o-ring). It came apart easily enough, after I got all of the bolts out. One of which was spinning in it's hole, so I had to cut it out.

Back