first start | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

first start

Just a thought, if you had the engine out the MAF is sitting there exposed collecting dust. Spray clean the little teeny wires with contact cleaner or carb cleaner. A little bit of dust will mess you up.
its clean, i have two of these on deck.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does the truck have a cam sensor? Cali emissions vehicles and all 94 engines had that and EGR. Could it be out of time? I almost wonder if you have a mechanical timing issue that the computer can compensate for at idle, but as soon as the engine is loaded might fall on it's face? Im thinking outside the box here. Especially on a project like this where the engine was completely disassembled.
gonna check this out, and yeah, i bet i touched every part of this engine.

Does the truck have a cam sensor? Cali emissions vehicles and all 94 engines had that and EGR. Could it be out of time? I almost wonder if you have a mechanical timing issue that the computer can compensate for at idle, but as soon as the engine is loaded might fall on it's face? Im thinking outside the box here. Especially on a project like this where the engine was completely disassembled.

this post got me to thinking about the whole issue of timing. aft I got the timing chain and sprockets to TDC she started, knocked out some codes and got everything cleared and drove it for the 500 miles before it stalled. however I don't remember correctly installing the camshaft position sensor, just dropping in and bolting down ? and would the crankshaft position sensor be correctly set when the timing chain is set ? I had a third question but brain fart. i'll be back.

this post got me to thinking about the whole issue of timing. aft I got the timing chain and sprockets to TDC she started, knocked out some codes and got everything cleared and drove it for the 500 miles before it stalled. however I don't remember correctly installing the camshaft position sensor, just dropping in and bolting down ? and would the crankshaft position sensor be correctly set when the timing chain is set ? I had a third question but brain fart. i'll be back.
When you install the cam sensor there is a specific timing sequence you need to do. The manual even wants you to hook up a harness and use a volt meter to set it properly. I can post it here, but it will be later. Im away from the house at the moment.

When you install the cam sensor there is a specific timing sequence you need to do. The manual even wants you to hook up a harness and use a volt meter to set it properly. I can post it here, but it will be later. Im away from the house at the moment.
👍 all help is appreciated, gonna go back and check and or reset cam sensor and crank sensor.

Back