First time Ford Owner

john193

Reaction score
City, State
Quakertown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
17 Ex XLT w/202 + BLIS
Hi everyone,

We just picked up our 2017 Explorer XLT in Platinum white. My wife insisted on the color, and I was compelled to oblige.

We took the Explorer on a 250 mile trip to the beach, mostly highway, and was really impressed with the quiet and comfortable ride. This vehicle is my wife's DD and she is coming from a Mazda CX-5, so the different in ride is night and day.

While we are enjoying the looks and comfort of the Explorer, I did notice some quips. The tailgate is not properly aligned, there is about a quarter inch wider gap on the left side, than the right. I've been reading the forums that some people have had success getting Ford to re-align this. I'll certainly ask for it. The other thing, which I didnt think would be an in issue on a 2017, the exhaust smell. We smelled it a few times. I'm hoping this is just the break in stuff, and no the dreaded exhaust smell that has the large thread going.

And finally, going to purchase a ESP through Joel (thanks Explorer forum) and looking forward to many years of ownership with the Explorer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the forum:chug:

Welcome to this forum.

Welcome.

Back