• Register Today It's free!

Fist Mod! let the fun begin

GenLee01

Reaction score
City, State
New Durham, NH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Limited
YES!!! I finaly got my first mod. It isn't anything special but a start. I got the K&N replacement filter. Since I need tires I soon will be adding BFG's since that is what everyone suggested to me. They will be the 30x9.5's. I can't wait. Pretty soon I am going to end up like the rest of you, crazy with a kick as X!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats on your first upgrade. Keep us posted as you add more!

If you are going to stick with the drop in K&N, instead of purchasing a whole cold air intake, i recommend cutting a square out of the front of the airbox to let more air in. I noticed a difference when I cut mine.

i myself just did a couple first mods.

clear corners and a KKM kit.

both are in the mail and should be here by thursday or friday, im really looking foward to it.

before christmas ill have a super chip in, and by the end of christmas ill have a new borla exhaust.

this stuff is fun, i cant wait till i have everything done that i want to do...im doing performance mods first, then ill probelly buy some new speakers and an MP3 player head unit thing.

good times, good times.

GenLee01 - Why not 31's? You will most likely ba able to fit them. Or you can always do a cheap coil spacer/shackle lift. Just a thought.

Congrats and prepare yourself to be infected quick by the Mod bug... its a killer!!!
jk good luck... and go with 31's i fit them on mine and we basically have the same truck so you should def be able to fit them.

31's fit? Really? I thought they would rub. That is what I have hear. I would love to go with them if I could?

Could you guys tell me more about the coil spacer/shackle lift stuff. I don't know much about them. I know more about road mods.

Also does anyone have a pic of the cut out they did on there air box with the K&N filter? Would like to see what I should do.

Chucky D the mod bug bit before I even bought it. As soon as I was thinking about it I was looking for sites like this. LOL!

Talking about the Mod Bug, I have had my Ex for two years and the bug has been biting harder every day! But I do not have enough money to make it go away!!!

Back