Fix that reflective chrome dash trim! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fix that reflective chrome dash trim!

Nice results! I bought a 2'x5' piece of the new 3M 1080 black carbon vinyl, and will be doing all of the chrome as well as the factory carbon print, so it all matches. Also have a few other pieces in mind. I'll put up some pictures when i get mine done.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I used a heat gun to shrink and stretch the material around. A blow dryer might work as I did have to use the lowest setting on the heat gun.

wrapped the chrome trim as well as the center console up to the radio, and the steering wheel button plates. turned out nice I think!

IMG_4138.jpg

IMG_4133.jpg

IMG_4128.jpg

Looks great!

Now that you have made me aware of the reflection problem I realize I've been ignoring it all along. Don't get me wrong, I think what you've accomplished is pretty amazing. I happen to have the cream colored dash. It is really easy to see the reflection of the whole dash in the windshield. Just for grins I quickly tried setting a dark carpet on the top of the dash and I still saw the reflection. The problem with the windshield reflection in my opinion cannot really be solved because it is due to the angle of windshield. Anyway, what you've done looks great.

Love the wrap! good work!

Back