Reflective? Sticker Removal | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Reflective? Sticker Removal

I have these stickers on the rear fender flares of my truck. They look extremely ugly. I think they are reflective and they are in the front portion right behind the door. I did the best that I can to remove them but they dont come off like normal stickers. You get a fingernail under it and then try to pull..... it just kind of chips off. I hope you know what I mean by this.

Anyways, the stickers are huge, to say the least and it would take all day or longer to remove them by finger nail. Anyone have some useful tips on removing these things?

get a blow drier and have it aimed at the sticker for a couple of mins. this should melt the glue holding the sticker. when all is said and done heat again on the residue and spray with tar and bug removal. works like a charm on the reflective sticker my little bro put on my mounty.

I had a feeling a blow drier would be mentioned... I have no way to get a blow drier to my car so.... I guess I will let you know if it worked in awhile. :( I will just have to remove the side trim pieces in the mean time.

Extension cord? I couldnt think of any other device that would heat up things like a hair dryer would with batteries.

Back