Fixed starting problem 94 explorer limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fixed starting problem 94 explorer limited

tomhilbil

Reaction score
City, State
crystal lake , il
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 limited
Had problems with my 94 exolorer limited starting. she would turm but not fire. also on occasion she would die while driving. I changed the fuel filter, cleaned the idle air control valve and replaced the fuel pump relay but still the problem persisted. I took her to the garage and paid 300$ for a new fuel pump and she was good for a day and then same problem. Finally after reading countless similar problems posted to these forums i replaced the EEC relay and have not had any problems in 2 weeks. hope this helps some folks and best yet will save you $$$$

MY problem was the crank sensor

I have a 94 explorer limited. after replacing the 4.0 engine.It started and ran like crap.After a few starts it would`nt start at all.Took it to garage and they replaced the crank sensor and repaired some burnt wires on drivers side that got against exhaust manifold cost $140 to fix runs great now. drove 150 miles. barely used 1/2 tank gas. great vehicle. check crank sensor. It operates injectors,timing,spark.

thanks for advice

so far 400 miles and no problems starting. i could use better miledge so i will keep the crank sensor on my priority list

Back