Fixing Side Passenger Mirror | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fixing Side Passenger Mirror

Whoop92

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer
Hi All,

I've got an interesting situation. I hit the passenger side view mirror against a concrete pillar while pulling out of a parking spot. The clear light on the outside edge of mirror was shoved back towards the body of the truck.

I slid the light back into position but now I can't get the trim parts (especially the bottom trim part) to snap back together. The bottom black trim piece is about 1/8 of an inch out of position at the outer edge of the mirror assembly. Does anybody have any advice or tips on how to get into the mirror assembly to fix this?

Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi All,

I've got an interesting situation. I hit the passenger side view mirror against a concrete pillar while pulling out of a parking spot. The clear light on the outside edge of mirror was shoved back towards the body of the truck.

I slid the light back into position but now I can't get the trim parts (especially the bottom trim part) to snap back together. The bottom black trim piece is about 1/8 of an inch out of position at the outer edge of the mirror assembly. Does anybody have any advice or tips on how to get into the mirror assembly to fix this?

Thanks in advance!
Welcome to the Forum Whoop92.:wavey:
Have you thought of changing that to Whoops92 after your little incident?:)
By 'the clear light' I assume you mean the turn signal indicator on the back side of the mirror. If so, I'm surprised it actually didn't break off. I believe that someone has worked on their mirror but it wasn't me. Hopefully someone will respond and be able to assist you.

Peter

Actually, I have a little confession. It wasn't me driving. It was my husband. I'm just trying to be a good wife and fix it for him.

The last 1/2 inch of the turn signal lens closest to the body of the truck did break off as the light body was shoved into the housing. The light still works, though. My main aim is to get the rest of the trim components back into position.

If somebody has information about replacing the lens correctly that would be a bonus.

Hi All,

Thanks in advance!

Hi Whoop92,

It might be helpful to look at some of the exploded views of the side mirrors at http://www.FordParts.com; they will give you a good idea of how all of the pieces fit together. If push comes to shove, you can always give your dealership's parts department a call.

Let us know how the repair goes. We'll be waiting to hear the good news! :)

Crystal

Actually, I have a little confession. It wasn't me driving. It was my husband. I'm just trying to be a good wife and fix it for him.

The last 1/2 inch of the turn signal lens closest to the body of the truck did break off as the light body was shoved into the housing. The light still works, though. My main aim is to get the rest of the trim components back into position.

If somebody has information about replacing the lens correctly that would be a bonus.
Wow! .... A forgiving wife willing to even fix HIS mistake? :eek: ............. Will you marry me?! :D

You probably broke off some of the plastic tabs that hold the trim in place, therefore it will not hold. Sounds like new parts are in order.

Back