• Register Today It's free!

Flowmaster Exhaust

mrsteve

Reaction score
City, State
Silver Spring, Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 XLT
I was wondering if anyone has installed the flowmaster 50 series muffler. I am looking at the delta flow. Also anyone know of a good place to buy flowmaster mufflers online. THanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check Dead Link Removed Prices seems good. Good luck

------------------
NY State of Mind

I've got one on mine. Not quiet, but not too loud, either. I had a local muffler shop do the work. $250 for everything, including 3" tailpipe. Exhaust in one thing you're better off having installed by someone with all the right tools, unless you have an abundance of time and patience!

Pete

I have the cat back on mine and I insalled it myself, it took ruffly 2hours with no welding. I love the sound and performance.

------------------
92EB 2wd with chip and Flowmaster catback system.
Jim
"The older I get the faster I was."

I agree with Pete, have a shop do it. I installed a CATBACK Flowmaster on my 93' Sport and it didn't fit correctly--I had to modify/replace mounts. The muffler is good though....

rockylaurence
where did they run your exhaust, dual or single outlet? I want split rear, but one shop said they cant do it. Thanks

------------------
'91 2 dr Eddie Bauer
modified air box
K&N filter
MUCH MORE TO COME

Well the shop told you it cant be run dual behind the muffler, but it can with a little careful work..i had dual run behind my flowmaster dual exit muffler on my '99 sport, so it can be done..maybe the guy doesnt wanna try such a tricky job, and it was pretty hard he said...espescially the spare tire, that was a big thing...but it can be done......

I just installed a 50 series on my '98 Sport with the 4.0 OHV. It's a little loud---not bad.I had a shop do the cat back with 2 1/2 pipe into the Flowmaster P/N 52556. It cost me $165 for everything. I also drilled the airbox, put a K&N in and will install my Superchip when the ECU gets back from Superchip on Thursday.

Back