flowmasters on a 4.0? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

flowmasters on a 4.0?

try it now.

youll have to save out of the index page.

Dead Link Removed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Im listening to interlooper now.... sounds cool. Sweet beat....needs some bass though. Gotta be able to feel the music. :)

nick

thanks! i love any feed back. i agree it needs some fat bass weeving through the drums. i also like a little more punch in the drums but that was my partner's doing. were remixing it again this week with some samples of acoustic guitar melow in the background.

Heh.. cool let me know when the new one is up. I want to hear it.

nick

Try again. Worked for me. Sounds good!:D

BUCHVILLEMAN

Just wanted to say, that you

BUCHVILLEMAN's Exhaust Sound File

Oops that last post sucked... hehe I just wanted to add that Buchvilleman's exhaust sounds great!

From what the guys at Flowmaster says

The Flowmaster Force II is the loudest for our trucks... but if you like a nice sound with a quiet cab ride I'd get the 50 Series..... My Force II is very loud inside and out

Karol

I'm reading everyone's posts and wondring just exactly what kind of noisy damn Flowmaster I've got on my X-I just stomped in to my local custom muffler shop, slapped 250 on the counter and said "Put something on it to scare Hondas away".
It's got a nice burble at idle, sounds really mean at full throttle ( to make it even better, I strongly suggest listening to track 14 on the Gone in 60 Seconds sountrack :D ) , but it sounds buzzy during regular acceleration, as in the "God-shift-to-5th-already-so I-don't have-to-listen-to-this" kinda buzzy.
All I know is that it has dual in and single out, exiting straight out from behind my bumper with a footlong, 3" diameter chrome tip. It does sound pretty sweet most of the time ;)

i have a flowmaster 40 s, on my 4.0 ITs really nice and loud, but a deep loud. Its a head turner. I haven't seen too many other people with them around here in the san diego area on their explorers but I recommend them to everyone!

i love hearing from my friends when i go to pick em up that they can here me way the hell down the street.

the force ll kit comes with a 50 series non delta muffler and a new tail pipe

hey...is a new version of interlooper up yet? Im digin the orginal. :) And would it be possible to get one encoded at 192K or so? :)

nick

actually i havent worked on any music since last week. my company has kicked in overdrive since the attacks and i have been working overtime. we have donated over a 1million envelopes to the redcross, and we are busy with printing all new stationery items for our clients that were in the WTC. i work for a fortune 500 hundred printing company and our acounts are mostly larger fortune 500 companies. i plan on working on some music this weekend but to be honest i havent thought about interloper as i have 2 new songs that i plan on laying bass, guitars and ambient noise tracks for this weekend.

Relief Printing

thanks for the enthusiasm. i have some other songs that are somewhat complete taht are older that i might put up there. let me see if i have them here at work and if i do ill put them in my file manager and give you the link.

hey guys
i want an exaust on my 92 4.0 but don't know my inlet size..anyone know?

also the sound jimabena has on his truck sounds exactly like what i want.
Jimabena - What did you buy
to get it to sound that way you decribed?? i want loud!
there are just flowmaster mufflers on summitracing .com for around 60....is that all i'd need...or would i need to look at a whole kit for my truck??
Also how easy or hard were these exausts/mufflers to put on???
Over all cost at the end???

please help i'd like a new exaust soon.
thanks
ryan

I got my Force II kit

form gofastparts...for $145 bucks...but that was last year....I dont know how much they are now.

Karol

Ive got 2 of the Flowmaster 2-chamber mufflers and dual pipes exiting split at the rear. They sound great!

Back