• Register Today It's free!

Fluid in the Intake Manifold

mike91

Reaction score
City, State
Yonkers, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 EB
Don't know if anyone has experienced this before. I just opened my throttle body and noticed that there was fluid coming out of the manifold. I decided to take a peek inside and noticed that there was a puddle of fluid inside of the manifold. I am not 100% sure, but it may be coolant. Any suggestions on where this maybe coming from or the cause of the problem? Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike
If it is coolent then the problem is most likly the intake casket.Can you smell coolent at the tail pipe, if it's in the intake then it's burning it.
jerry

I agree with Mike, it's seems to be the intake manifold. Retorque the intake manifold bolts first and if the water/coolant is still present replace the gasket, (be sure to get valve cover gaskets because the valve covers have to come off to get the intake man. off). The water ports run along the edge and it doesn't take much to let some in to your oil. Check the dipstick and oil fill cap and see if you see the same deposits on them. You'll also get a carbon build up on the #5 spark plug.

Hope this helps,
FMNavajo

Back