Fog light bulb replacement

earlybirds

Reaction score
City, State
Hiawatha, Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT
1999 Ford Explorer XLT, 4.0 SOHC
Long time lurker, first time poster. I have a left front foglamp burned out, and decided to replace both front fog light bulbs because they are both original. I can't figure out how to open the fog light units up! I have searched this forum extensively to no avail. I am fairly mechanically inclined, but I feel really stupid about this one. Is there an easy way to do this, or do I have to unbolt the entire unit from the lower bumper? Any insight is appreciated.

1999 Ford Explorer XLT, 4.0 SOHC
Long time lurker, first time poster. I have a left front foglamp burned out, and decided to replace both front fog light bulbs because they are both original. I can't figure out how to open the fog light units up! I have searched this forum extensively to no avail. I am fairly mechanically inclined, but I feel really stupid about this one. Is there an easy way to do this, or do I have to unbolt the entire unit from the lower bumper? Any insight is appreciated.

On my '97 EB, you can unfasten the socket from the back of the fog light and remove it to replace bulb w/o dismounting light. Sorry, but I don't remember exactly how I did it.

Behind the light, disconnect electric connector, twist c.c and the socket and bulb will come out. Replace the bulb, and reinstall.

Back