fog light fuses? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

fog light fuses?

ryanweather

Reaction score
Can someone help by telling me where the fuses are located for the fog lights? Also, if it's not the fuse, and probably not the switch (just replaced it), what other causes could result in fog lights not working?

Thank you so much,

Sam

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bad relays, bad bulbs, bad connectors, broken wires... and probably a few other things I cant think of

my chilton says:
right headlamp/fog light system #8
left headlamp is #4
high beams are #33
those are all in the fuse box in the drivers side of the dash

there is also mention of there being a fuse in the main fuse box in the engine bay. its the D fuse, i dont remember if the letter designation is stamped into the plastic or not but it should the the second from the front on the right, the front being the side closest to the front of the car. and accordingly the right being the passenger side.

mechanically i have always have a problem with one of my fogs. the right one has always worked fine but the left one will not work properly. its not the circuit that is the trouble its the stupid clip that holds the bulb and locks into the fog light housing. the clip wont keep the metal connections tight enough to light the bulb. if its none of that then maybe the switch went bad, or maybe a wire is loose somewhere or corroded to death.

That's how mine started. After an accident, the body shop fix, the left fog light always had a loose connection where connecting to the bulb. But now neither work and the light on the switch in the inside of the truck doesn't even light up. I just had my radio stolen this weekend and picked up a new dash piece with new switches thinking this would also fix my fog light problem; nope.

im sorry to hear that. your problem sounds like wires to me. something could have come undone, cross wired, bad ground, broken lead.

did that happen after they stole the stereo?

No, they stole the stereo just a couple days ago. The problem has been at least a year now, just been driving without the benefit of the fog lights.

Back