foot prints ? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

foot prints ?

Wow, good thing I took my meds. I wouldn't want anyone stepping on my bumper. It's plastic. And if it's built anything like the rest of it... plastic clips..well it wouldn't hold much of a load. That's just bad service. I wouldn't expect them to stand on the hood. It' s a bumper, not a step. Case closed move on people. Chimoman has spoken. That is all.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Almost looks like two sets of foot prints. Maybe to techs were cuddling atop your bumper together, thus an increased amount of weight than what the bumper is designed for vertically.

iagree.gif

I had my car in to the dealer a month back for Nav problem, they said they needed the car all day. Before I left via their shuttle I got the service rep to come outside to the car. I did a walk around with him, and pointed out that there were no scratches on the car, or especially marks on my 22's. That I expected it back in the same condition. I always worry about my car going into a hoist bay area, were the hoist arms have not been fully retracted to the sides, and the car is driven over the arms damaging the wheels (seen it many times).
Anyway, all is good, and I leave to return at 5PM to find my car parked away from others, good. Go in to talk to my rep, and get my key. After doing another walk around by myself, I open the door to see that the door sill trim, the aluminium escutcheon 'Explorer' plate had deep scratch across the full depth of it. Damn, nearly made it out of the parking lot! :mad:

I went back inside to see my rep but he had left. Long story short, I went back couple days later, and showed it to him, and he said something to the effect of ' well thats where your feet go, you're going to get plenty more'. I replied, ' well that wasen't there in 8000km cause I pickup my feet cause I hate to see scratches as soon as I open my door'...and I asked him if this was a 'normal' thing to expect some kind of damage everytime I bring my car for service, he didn't say anything to that, other than we'll order a replacement!

Usually the standard comment is, 'it was there when you brought it in', hence my walk around with him. I'm picky, but this is not it, I'm just expecting to get my car back the same way I brought it in...is that too much of a stretch?

BTW: I've purchased one of those cheesy steering wheel covers, just so that I don't get the car back with crap on the SW when it's in for service.

doorsilltrim.jpg

If I don't step on my painted bumper, why should the dealership be allowed? I agree with bluelion, I would be upset as well.

wow, so central states step on bumpers where as west coast states don't mount and secure seatbelt anchors......wonder what the east does.

The Eastern dealers are pretty reliable. At least the one I go to. The service people are always willing to help me out and give me good advice and answer all the questions I have. Professionally done everytime. Maybe due to the amount of lawyers and doctors that live around this area.

Dealers wonder why they get a bad reputation, and I believe it is because of their own uncaring attitude. The saying, "it must have been there before" or "you'll get plenty more" is completely unacceptable. Whatever happened to "the customer is always right"? I have a 2008 Ford Ranger and a2007 Ford Edge (both with over 60,000 miles, but in great mechanical shape). I try very hard to keep my vehicles in good condition, and I would be very upset if a dealer tried pulling that crap with me. When I get into either vehicle, I don't step in rather I gently place my butt on the seat with my feet still outside the vehicle. I, then, shake the crap off my shoes and get in.

Back