Ford canceled my 2013 Sport order | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford canceled my 2013 Sport order

Hazzard

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 explorer sport
I ordered a Sport on 3-29 was told 6-8 weeks and it would be here. Ford decides to cancel my order and make it a 2014 instead. They just informed me of this on Monday the 6th. By doing this I am out 2500 in rebates and the 750 voucher. I am not happy about this and I think Ford should let me use the rebates and voucher on the 2014. It not my fault they canceled my order. Please let me know what you think of this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I ordered a Sport on 3-29 was told 6-8 weeks and it would be here. Ford decides to cancel my order and make it a 2014 instead. They just informed me of this on Monday the 6th. By doing this I am out 2500 in rebates and the 750 voucher. I am not happy about this and I think Ford should let me use the rebates and voucher on the 2014. It not my fault they canceled my order. Please let me know what you think of this.

Wow that is not cool. Had you been getting weekly updates from Crystal? Did you have a VIN and an ETA already? What packages/options did you have? Sorry for so many questions by I ordered a sport on 4/9 so that makes me nervous.

Well I can see how the dealership would have their hands tied a bit on the national 2 k incentive, but the 2014 should have at least a 1K incentive from what my dealership was guessing. They should be able to honor the 750 private offer though. If I were you I would at least order an Edge or Expedition brochure to see if you get another one.

I know it may not mean much know but remember in 4 or 5 years from right now a 2014 will be worth about 1500-1750 more than a 2013 with the exact same mileage. So you might get back what you lost in incentives down the road.

We had the 402a, adaptive CC, sunroof, trailer tow,rear buckets, in white platinum tri. Yes I was in touch with crystal and she told me to contact my dealer last Friday. I like the fact I can get the center counsel in the 14 but after waiting 6 weeks thinking we would have it is a big let down. It makes me want to take anothet look at the Jeep Grand Cherokee.

...Sorry for so many questions by I ordered a sport on 4/9 so that makes me nervous...

Hi sbebs2000,

Since your vehicle has been assigned a VIN, it will be built; no need to be nervous. :)

...Yes I was in touch with crystal and she told me to contact my dealer last Friday...

Hi Hazzard,

I know you received some disappointing news, but the 2014s are awesome vehicles; I'm sure you'd love to have one of your own. :)

Crystal

Hazard, as frustrating as it is.. I am willing to bet your dealer didn't have any more allocation for the Sport which would then force it to be a 2014 model.

Hazard, as frustrating as it is.. I am willing to bet your dealer didn't have any more allocation for the Sport which would then force it to be a 2014 model.

This is what I was thinking. I'd be more inclined to question the dealership then to place the blame with Ford. Sounds like they didn't have the allocation or it was placed way too low on their build priorities.

Hi sbebs2000,

Since your vehicle has been assigned a VIN, it will be built; no need to be nervous. :)

Hi Hazzard,

I know you received some disappointing news, but the 2014s are awesome vehicles; I'm sure you'd love to have one of your own. :)

Crystal

Thanks Crystal, you can ignore my im.

My dealer ordered it I was given a order numbe and ford canceled it. What is dealer allocation and how would it affect my order?

My dealer ordered it I was given a order numbe and ford canceled it. What is dealer allocation and how would it affect my order?

Do a search in this forum on how dealer allocation works. Basically the more of a certain model a dealer sells, the more they can order. If they did'nt sell many Explorers in the past they might not have been able to order another, especially a Sport since they have the lowest build volume of all Explorers.

Allocation is very complex but I'll try to summarize.

Dealers are not equal to each other. A dealer is given X number of a vehicle each week/month. This number is based on how many they sell and how quickly they move them (I am sure other variables are in the mix). If a dealer has either ordered or received their allotment of them, a customer's order can get bumped to the next month. I have a feeling this is what happened. The dealer didnt have an empty spot for your ex. This is a mix of customer orders and retail orders and stock orders Ford forces

Again, normally you would go to the next month but since there is no "next month" because 2014 order bank is now open your order got pushed to a 2014.

If this is the case (allocation issue), then your dealer knew this at the time you placed your order.

Blwnsmoke, can you explain a retail order for me. That's the way my dealer submitted my order saying we should get it sooner. Thanks.

Blwnsmoke, can you explain a retail order for me. That's the way my dealer submitted my order saying we should get it sooner. Thanks.

I misspoke, there are 3 types of orders.

1)Stock - for dealer lot inventory

2)Retail - a customer order

3)Fleet - for fleet customers

Retail is the right one for you but it is still about allocation. A dealer MUST have an empty slot for the customer or it will get bumped until they have a slot. All dealers know what they have available.

There is then a priority number a dealer assigns the order 1-99 (but dealers can only do 10-99). Usually a dealer will give a 15-20 because if they have an emergency order or something that is "more important", they leave a few ttop spots for that. A 14 will be built before a 15.

As I said, very complex. Many feel a retail order should be built before everything because it is "sold" but that is not necessarily the case.

Back