Geostang

Reaction score
City, State
Central Coast, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Platinum Explorer
FORD EXPLORER EV AD CAMPAIGN

VW Based Explorer EV.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What an ugly pos

VW based, yuck.

They and all other mfg can keep their EV's. I'll never own one.

They and all other mfg can keep their EV's. I'll never own one.
Oh, I'll own one, no problem, but it has to be NICE, like the Genesis GV60, that is sweet, and ridiculous power. I don't think I am close to the point of ONLY having an EV though!
Both my current cars are NICE PHEVs, this Aviator, and a 2019 loaded Volvo S90. That car sold me on PHEVs that are done right. Then my son in law traded his Tesla Model 3 Performance (TOTALLY NUTS!) on a Jeep Wrangler 4Xe PHEV, and he loved it as well. Then my daughter got a Kia EV6 EV, and she loved it, super nice car (a bit generic for me, I like the GV60 better) but she never leaves the county, charges maybe once a week.
I've also been in a Tesla Model S Plaid (PURE INSANITY) and EVs for performance, you have to be in them to believe it.
BUT, like I said first, they have to be "NICE" not generic EV like every other EV on the planet. Make me a small affordable weekend toy, convertible EV to use for local errands, and maybe a couple hour fun trip. And if I wanted to go somewhere every couple of month outside its range, I'd deal with on the road charging. I look at the driving logs on my Volvo, and other than maybe once every 6 months or so, I never do more than 200 miles in any one day. (I've done 840 once in a day, that would never happen in a pure EV)
And as a final note (not that it matters, this is a EU product only) I sure as hell wouldn't buy a VW relabeled as a Ford Explorer.
I can't see buying a VW anything, they are liars to me. Not from the diesel gate, that was just icing on the cake.
Remember the VW Routan The're attempt at selling a Minivan again in like 2008?
They used the line in their advertising "German Engineered" for "their" minivan.
It was a bone stock Dodge Caravan with red dash lighting instead of aqua. So the German Engineered BS was kinda true, since this was during the "Merger of Equals" and it was Diamler Chrysler at the time, so the Germans that were involved would have been Mercedes Benz, you know the competitor to VW/Porsche/Audi. Mindblowing to me.

Oh, I'll own one, no problem, but it has to be NICE, like the Genesis GV60, that is sweet, and ridiculous power. I don't think I am close to the point of ONLY having an EV though!
Both my current cars are NICE PHEVs, this Aviator, and a 2019 loaded Volvo S90. That car sold me on PHEVs that are done right. Then my son in law traded his Tesla Model 3 Performance (TOTALLY NUTS!) on a Jeep Wrangler 4Xe PHEV, and he loved it as well. Then my daughter got a Kia EV6 EV, and she loved it, super nice car (a bit generic for me, I like the GV60 better) but she never leaves the county, charges maybe once a week.
I've also been in a Tesla Model S Plaid (PURE INSANITY) and EVs for performance, you have to be in them to believe it.
BUT, like I said first, they have to be "NICE" not generic EV like every other EV on the planet. Make me a small affordable weekend toy, convertible EV to use for local errands, and maybe a couple hour fun trip. And if I wanted to go somewhere every couple of month outside its range, I'd deal with on the road charging. I look at the driving logs on my Volvo, and other than maybe once every 6 months or so, I never do more than 200 miles in any one day. (I've done 840 once in a day, that would never happen in a pure EV)
And as a final note (not that it matters, this is a EU product only) I sure as hell wouldn't buy a VW relabeled as a Ford Explorer.
I can't see buying a VW anything, they are liars to me. Not from the diesel gate, that was just icing on the cake.
Remember the VW Routan The're attempt at selling a Minivan again in like 2008?
They used the line in their advertising "German Engineered" for "their" minivan.
It was a bone stock Dodge Caravan with red dash lighting instead of aqua. So the German Engineered BS was kinda true, since this was during the "Merger of Equals" and it was Diamler Chrysler at the time, so the Germans that were involved would have been Mercedes Benz, you know the competitor to VW/Porsche/Audi. Mindblowing to me.
I love the tdi volkswagens best cars on face the planet. Electric vehicle can be awesome but tesla's and jeeps and chevy's all want to be the same thing.

There is no indication yet that this vehicle will be coming to North America.
Existing threads on the EV.

Peter

There is no indication yet that this vehicle will be coming to North America.
Existing threads on the EV.

Peter
The Explorer that is kind of cool, is the European PHEV, basically the Aviator Grand Touring in an Explorer (with the 365hp 3.0 I think).
I don't understand why they don't offer that here, it would appeal to people that don't want to blow $80,000 on the Aviator, and get more Ford Fans used to PHEVs that aren't wimpy.

The Explorer that is kind of cool, is the European PHEV, basically the Aviator Grand Touring in an Explorer (with the 365hp 3.0 I think).
I don't understand why they don't offer that here, it would appeal to people that don't want to blow $80,000 on the Aviator, and get more Ford Fans used to PHEVs that aren't wimpy.
The Explorer PHEV has an MSRP of $82,000 in Germany. If they brought it here, it would cost the same as the Aviator GT but be considerably less nice inside and out AND it would come in 42HP less than the Aviator GT. There'd be no point. The reason they even offer it as an Explorer in Europe is because they don't offer Lincolns there yet still need a PHEV to meet EU economy targets to do business there.

The Explorer PHEV has an MSRP of $82,000 in Germany. If they brought it here, it would cost the same as the Aviator GT but be considerably less nice inside and out AND it would come in 42HP less than the Aviator GT. There'd be no point. The reason they even offer it as an Explorer in Europe is because they don't offer Lincolns there yet still need a PHEV to meet EU economy targets to do business there.
It would be cheaper here for sure, like most cars are compared to Europe.

It would be cheaper here for sure, like most cars are compared to Europe.
Honestly I get what you're saying here but have you seen new car prices. The escape pih is going for 40k+ so if they brought the explorer over easy 60k not much price difference plus look how long it took us to get the ranger back

Back