Ford Explorer MFT - New Glitches Show Up Every Day | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Explorer MFT - New Glitches Show Up Every Day

You do know that in common units this is a nearly identical location. How that projection is placed on the map is likely the culprit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I smell another piece if the third quarter update....

....sniff....sniff.....sniff......

I have figured out how to reproduce another glitch.

If I am talking on my iPhone 4S and get into my Explorer, and instead of letting it go to MFT, I plug in a wired headset, MFT will switch to FM every time (when it was sitting on Sirius when I shut it off).

If the phone is not active, it will start in Sirius as it is supposed to.

MFT - what a disappointment.

Wow way to rule out the iPhone as the culprit. One distinct possibility is that during the handshake sequence the iPhone is not correctly responding to the control request for the bluetooth connection when it's in a call.

If you have a wired headset plugged in, the iPhone shouldn't respond to the initial request. But if you plug in the headset after the connection was initiated I'll bet it never correctly completes the handshake. The bluetooth state from the requestor will have to wait for an eventual timeout. Now there's a bad kid in the sandbox beating the trucks.

I suspect that when in call the iPhone always expects to initiate the handshake and it doesn't handle the scenario where it's not the originator. Since it wasn't the originator, my guess is that it ignores the fact that it's in the call and at least partially completes the pairing. Bluetooth headsets shouldn't do this since they rarely initiate pairing.

Now this is all speculation since it would require a debugger and unfettered access to the event code. However, based on the scenario this would be a pretty good bet. Can't blame the kid beating on the trucks though.

We just finished a 1500 mile road trip in the Gray Ghost, and our Nav never skipped a beat. For the first time, we actually noticed the GPS with the red X on it. My wife was the one who saw it first, and asked me about it. It would happen when we would pick the car up at the hotel valet, which was tucked under the building. As soon as we drove out onto the street, within seconds, the GPS was located and the Nav was rocking and rolling. This was after a day or two in the underground parking garage, or just a few hours.

We just finished a 1500 mile road trip in the Gray Ghost, and our Nav never skipped a beat. For the first time, we actually noticed the GPS with the red X on it. My wife was the one who saw it first, and asked me about it. It would happen when we would pick the car up at the hotel valet, which was tucked under the building. As soon as we drove out onto the street, within seconds, the GPS was located and the Nav was rocking and rolling. This was after a day or two in the underground parking garage, or just a few hours.

This isn't my experience. I will get the red X while on open streets. If the GPS loses my position, it takes quite a while before it refinds it, if it ever does.

Hopefully the APIM change that is being done this week will fix it.

This isn't my experience. I will get the red X while on open streets. If the GPS loses my position, it takes quite a while before it refinds it, if it ever does.

Hopefully the APIM change that is being done this week will fix it.

That sucks. I hope the change-out fixes the problem :)

Back