Ford Explorer MFT - New Glitches Show Up Every Day | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Explorer MFT - New Glitches Show Up Every Day

dco43054

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
cmh
Year, Model & Trim Level
20 XLT
Sorry IVT Team, but you get a "D" on your upgrade. I have new problems crop up every day.

Like yesterday, I hit the steering wheel button to issue a voice command, say "cancel", and instead of canceling the command function as it usually does, it shuts the radio off! Seriously?

The first weekend I had the upgrade, it started a cellphone session when my cellphone wasn't trying to do anything, and then wouldn't exit it until I shut off the cellphone bluetooth. While the cellphone session was active, I couldn't get it to end with any command.

The Sirius browsing still sucks.

And no, I don't care that the new version doesn't suck as bad as the old ones sucked. I paid for a working piece of hardware/software, and you haven't delivered.

And it's not that these things can't be executed without error. My friends' Mercedes SUV has a similar system that works flawlessly.

Love most everything else about the Explorer - but I feel totally ripped off for the money I spent on MFT.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the same issues and it's extremely frustrating.

Freezing up, no BT audio, map takes a few minutes to draw, voice control locks up and everything is unresponsive to name a few.

Master Reset and Fuse 29 pull do nothing.

Dealership is confused and doesn't know what to do.

Customer Service says "Take it to the dealership"

Two different dealership installs of the Upgrade

Im now trying to get the vehicle replaced.

I find it amazing the disparity between how MFT works so poorly in some vehicles, and so well in others. I'm really wondering what actually is causing the difference. Are some of us running different code than others? Is it the way it was installed? Hardware differences? The way we use the interface? Differences in software installs?

Since I bought my vehicle, my MFT system seems to be one of the better ones for some reason. Yes, it had glitches on the previous versions of MFT, but nothing like many people report. On the new version, it's been 99% flawless as far as it's operation as intended. The one thing I don't do is use it to play an external audio device. I do have Full nav, have 2 phones sync'd (Both are Samsungs) to the system, and use both manual and voice commands.

You would think if we are all running the same hardware and software, that many of the problems would be universal.

I was surmising that it maybe an APIM issue but there are many here who have had multiple APIM replacements without improvement.

Unless this is like the silent PTU Hardware/Software change that happened in the 2013MY for the torque steer issue.

Phone compatability is an issue absolutely.

But when you develop a system to appeal to the largest cross section of your target buyers shouldnt you target their phones as well.

The iphone seems to have the most issues with MFT, yet its probably the most common smartphone out there.

If the public lines up overnight everytime you release a new smartphone then you have a very popular smartphone.

The iphone plays well with the other carmakers Human Machine Interface as well.

Could be phones, I have an iPhone 4S. But the other issue is how you use it, I'm sure. An acquaintance's 70 year old wife has an XLT with MFT and NAV. She thinks MFT works just fine. She does nothing but leaves the radio on all the time to one channel, never uses a phone.

My recurring frustration is how when MFT gets the least bit confused, the audio reverts to FM, even when I have it set on Sirius. Usually, it is when there is a phone issue.

My recurring frustration is how when MFT gets the least bit confused, the audio reverts to FM, even when I have it set on Sirius. Usually, it is when there is a phone issue.
I think I can now reproduce the "reset to FM" problem

With my phone turned on and a wired headset plugged in (that I want to continue to use) I get into the Explorer. Then start it, and as MFT is coming up, I select the audio source on the phone to use Headphones. Then MFT may try to grab the source, so I may have to select Headphones again.

After doing that, when I end the call - rather than MFT being set on Sirius as I left it, it will be on FM.

If I could have gotten the big main screen for the backup cam, and not had to order MFT, I would have done so.

We have had two (one with Nav and one without) since the update that have experienced the "radio will not shut off issue when I open the door" and the "I want Sirius from FM and it shows Sirius screen and still plays FM issue". As stated, both are SINCE the update. I also checked the brand new 2013 on the lot and you can activate the Sony radio by pushing the button and it will stay on for 10 minutes no matter how many times you open the door. Basically it goes into power saver mode after 10 minutes (which sounds normal and the key was not in the vehicle with us at the time, it was 300 yards away). Sounds like when they did the reprogram, someone has the radio powered on all the time or it ignores the door open to shut it off.

Expect another update in the third quarter for these issues.... nothing can be done until then by replacing any components, etc.....

Sorry....

:(

Expect another update in the third quarter for these issues.... nothing can be done until then by replacing any components, etc.....

Sorry....

:(

Hmm... interesting. This is the first I've heard of another MFT update. Third quarter you say?

When you, or we, call Ford with any of these issues, that is the response you will here (which we knew, but the customers do not believe). Really, what else could it have been?

:)

From IVT I always hear "Take it to the dealer"

At the dealer I hear " We don't have a fix, try IVT or syncmyride, sorry"

From IVT I always hear "Take it to the dealer"

At the dealer I hear " We don't have a fix, try IVT or syncmyride, sorry"
An infinite loop. Who would have guessed?

You should here a standard answer until the software fix in "the 3rd quarter of 2012". Someone give it a try..... call and advise us what you here.

So I bought the vehicle February 2011

I should have a vehicle with My Ford Touch providing the advertised functionality in 3rd quarter of 2012?

I wonder if I could make my lease payments with that same idea.

I should have a vehicle with My Ford Touch providing the advertised functionality in 3rd quarter of 2012?

Hmmmm, I bet not. My guess is still dumbed down from when they first sold us this thing.

Have to say mine is OK. I had the radio bug rear it's head again and would not shut off. I couldn't even get it to shut off by pushing the off button. Had to use the reboot software for the first time in over a month and a half. I can live with that but this is still not what Ford said it would be and may never be for current 2011-2012 owners. Not too sure about 2013 models.

I'm contemplating arbitration for the nav problems. Should not happen, period.

20120529_093717.jpg

Did you get the 2013 Explorer "Duck Boat" edition?

:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back