• Register Today It's free!

Ford parts prices policies

bluestream1

Reaction score
City, State
Waterloo Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLT 4.0 SOHC 4X4
I have noticed that the prices for the SOHC timing parts have risen a lot in recent years. I recently called the dealer to get a price on the front cassette and was told that part in North America was "currently" available on an "emergency order only" basis, and there was a 15% price premium to get it. (I assume that this is because of all the engine that are now getting up in miles and are in need of repairs, and it was being reserved for those trucks that were under the knife.) I complained about the prices, and asked if they ever go down. I was told that they do go down, and the prices are set monthly based on demand the the part. Part prices for older vehicles that are getting few in number, and where the owner can buy parts at discount part store are often very low compared to newer vehicle parts. AS demand for timing parts for the SOHC engines grows, the prices are also increasing with that demand. I expect if you wait 5-8 years, as these vehicles are EOL (end of life) you will see these parts prices will drop to a very low level.

Back