Ford premium care extended warranty | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford premium care extended warranty

dgc76

Reaction score
City, State
Gate City, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 XLT Sport Appearance
Bought my 2021 in March 2021. It has been very reliable. One wiring harness connection problem with drivers seat airbag that the dealer fixed in about 30 minutes. We bought it for family trips, so it only has 24,000 miles in 3 years. With the bumper to bumper about to expire and reading the stories on various forum sites, I decided to purchase the 10 year (really only a 7 year extension), 100,000 mile warranty. Dealer let me have in at $500 over cost, approx $600 less than the retail that Ford wanted if I bought it directly from Ford. Figured that it would be better to buy locally than from some distant dealer For a few hundred less. I have had several friends that have spent big bucks to repair electronics, transfer cases, sun roofs, etc on Fords and other brands. I usually don’t do extended warranties on anything, but with these overly complicated systems and the cost of repair or trade, I decided this was one of my exceptions. Guess I will be keeping it a long time.

I think you made a good choice. One repair could more than pay for it.

Bought my 2021 in March 2021. It has been very reliable. One wiring harness connection problem with drivers seat airbag that the dealer fixed in about 30 minutes. We bought it for family trips, so it only has 24,000 miles in 3 years. With the bumper to bumper about to expire and reading the stories on various forum sites, I decided to purchase the 10 year (really only a 7 year extension), 100,000 mile warranty. Dealer let me have in at $500 over cost, approx $600 less than the retail that Ford wanted if I bought it directly from Ford. Figured that it would be better to buy locally than from some distant dealer For a few hundred less. I have had several friends that have spent big bucks to repair electronics, transfer cases, sun roofs, etc on Fords and other brands. I usually don’t do extended warranties on anything, but with these overly complicated systems and the cost of repair or trade, I decided this was one of my exceptions. Guess I will be keeping it a long time.

I am the same way with extended warranties, I never purchase them on electronics, appliances etc. I did purchase the ESP for the '20 Explorer for the same reason you stated, overly complicated systems.

I am the same way with extended warranties, I never purchase them on electronics, appliances etc. I did purchase the ESP for the '20 Explorer for the same reason you stated, overly complicated systems.
Same here and over 14 months later have yet to use mine. Everything has been covered under powertrain, recall, TSB or bumper to bumper so far. I now have 48K miles and 36K miles and 34 months left of full warranty. I paid $1500 for my 4 year extension.

Back