Ford Remote Access Ends December 31, 2020 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Remote Access Ends December 31, 2020

daverns

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer XLT
I received an email from Voxx International regarding Ford & Lincold Remote Access, saying it will end in Dec 31, 2020 due to AT&T ending 3G service. Below is also posted in the Remote Access login page, did anyone received the same email? I am not sure what other options we have, it appears the modem that we have is only capable of 3G and not LTE.

1591368525932.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If I could just get the pinout of the cable I have some ideas.

Is this different than FordPass? My Explorer has LTE, not 3G? Sorry a little confused, I don't think I got an email.
This is for 2011 to 2015/2016, that is not compatible with Ford Pass.

I got the same. I have a 2017 f150. So the equipment i installed 3 years ago is junk?

I got the same. I have a 2017 f150. So the equipment i installed 3 years ago is junk?

Technology advances and unfortunately in the case of cellular bands, systems get shut off...3G is old technology. Remote access has been out from 7 years, maybe longer. Sounds like you need to have SYNC Connect retrofitted into your vehicle or go with a non ford solution.

Has anyone found a replacement that works well? vox,drone mobile, viper,compustar
I contacted both ford and vox neither one would recommend a replacement

Has anyone found a replacement that works well? vox,drone mobile, viper,compustar
I contacted both ford and vox neither one would recommend a replacement
I wish the Carlink ASCL6 would work and plug into the Ford VSS but it does not.

I wish the Carlink ASCL6 would work and plug into the Ford VSS but it does not.
I emailed vox and the said they had no direct replacement, went to one alarm shop in ct and they said i would need a complete alarm system because drone was not plug and play with ford oem, not sure how true that is hard to trust some of these places

Had drone mobile installed 4 weeks ago so far no problems works every time (2015 sport push button start) AMA

Back