Ford Splash Guards Question...Help! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Splash Guards Question...Help!

91explorer1009

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 sport
Hello, I bought some splash guards off ebay, and planned on putting them on the rear of my 91 ex. I researched them and got the ford part numbers and all, and I bought Ford Custom Molded Splash Guards, # F1TZ-16A550-H, EXPLORER LOGO 91-92 REAR. That is what is marked on the packaging. They are black, made of rubberish material, plyable, and have EXPLORER in white marked on them. When I went to install them, the did not fit. I dont know but they seem totally off. Is there a reason these would not even be close to fitting on my ex. It is a 2 door eddie, and when I bought them it said they would fit the sports. I don't know but it doesnt even look like they would fit the 4 door, they are just do off. Anyone have any ideas or similar experiences?? Thanks, and I hope I didn't waste 25 bucks. :mad:

The sports have a bigger rear fender trim piece. If they are marked to fit sports, then they won't fit any other model.

I got some from the local Ford dealer for uhh $5, and according to the instructions that came with them they are for BOTH 2 and 4 Door Explorer. They look like they wont fit, but i promise you they will just with a little muscle.

Post a pic of them. Then we can see what fitment problem your having.

Back