Splash guards? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Splash guards?

Nuar

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Exploder
Hey guys. I am having a hell of a hard time finding some splash guards/mud guards for my 2000 ford explorer eddie bauer.
All I have found so far, were some universal pieces that seem to be hit or miss when reading the user reviews...
What do you guys run? Pics? Links?

My last explorer was missing one splash guard in the rear and that side rusted out BAD from all the winter ice melt crap in new england.

20191028_165943.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks. I did find those before.
It's so damn difficult to find a complete matching set :-/

Took me a while to find both front and rear for cheap on eBay, even though I never installed them, and eventually sold the rears.

OEM splash guards are even rare in the junkyards I go to...

Honestly, I don't mind aftermarket at all. As long as they are made to fit the car.
I found a ton for f150 trucks... nothing for this car though.
I guess universal may be the only way to go at this point.

I found a new ebay listing for new oem front and back guards for... 94-2002 explorers. Not sure if they will actually fit, but I pulled the trigger.
Fingers cross they actually fit the car.

I found a new ebay listing for new oem front and back guards for... 94-2002 explorers. Not sure if they will actually fit, but I pulled the trigger.
Fingers cross they actually fit the car.
Link Please,
Let us know how they fit, some pic's would be nice too.

I am guessing they won't fit. No mention of Eddie Bauer or EB in the package description.

Rear ones might, if they are short enough to fit below the trim above the chrome.

Here is a blurry pic from eBay of the fronts. You can see that they hug the body, and have no curves to accommodate the Eddie Bauer flares...

s-l640.jpg

Yup, no surprise... they are not even close to fitting. Ohh well. Thankfully they are returnable.

Could you cut your own mudflaps using a cardboard template?

Do the rears fit? You could return the ones you bought, buy the ones I posted (if they do indeed fit), and buy rears (if they fit)

Do the rears fit? You could return the ones you bought, buy the ones I posted (if they do indeed fit), and buy rears (if they fit)
I need to have a matching set otherwise it will drive me nuts lol.
I'll end up with some universal flaps most likely.

I've sold some rear OEM ones on here. If I remember correctly, they were different than what the buyer had, but they fit. Just a bit shorter along the top.

OEM front and OEM rear should match.

Back