Splash Guards | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Splash Guards

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are the splash guards factory installed? Reason I ask is I ordered them and then saw a Ex with them and it had the name of the dealership on the back of the splash guard, each one, in yellow lettering... it looked horrible!!! I am hoping the factory installed ones are black front and back with no dealership ADS on them.

Are the splash guards factory installed? Reason I ask is I ordered them and then saw a Ex with them and it had the name of the dealership on the back of the splash guard, each one, it looked horrible!!! I am hoping the factory installed ones are black front and back with no dealership ADS on them.

I have the black factory OEM splash guards. They all have the silhouette of the naked lady laying down in a mirrored finish.

They are all black and are embossed with "Explorer". They are nice.
Did yours come from the factory that way Bill? I thought they were a dealer add on. I am getting mine supplied and installed as part of the deal. Only problem is, the fronts are on back order. All I have on now is the back ones.

Did yours come from the factory that way Bill? I thought they were a dealer add on. I am getting mine supplied and installed as part of the deal. Only problem is, the fronts are on back order. All I have on now is the back ones.

My dealership ordered them from Ford, and installed them prior to preparing the truck for my purchase & pick-up.

All in total, I think I was charged about $127. The guards are about $90 (retail) and they charged me about $37 for labor.

I just ordered my set online from a local dealership....$84.66 plus tax :)

I found www.partscheap.com to be the least expensive site so far for quite a few Explorer goodies including the mudflaps. They list them out at $76.20 for the set plus s&h. I have not ordered from them yet but have ordered a few goodies from other sites for my soon-to-be-delivered Exp.

Found this interesting.. $185 on the window sticker but if you buy them from fordaccessoriesstore.com, they are $74.99 for each set including installation..

Talk about making sense!!!

http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/GfaWeb/catalog.do?prodInfo=Explorer~2011~BB5Z_16A550_BA
I find it odd that Splash Guards were listed on the Window Sticker. It was my understanding that they were a dealer installed option. That is where I got mine and I believe they were around $120 CDN for the set. (Dealer threw them in as part of the deal)

I find it odd that Splash Guards were listed on the Window Sticker. It was my understanding that they were a dealer installed option. That is where I got mine and I believe they were around $120 CDN for the set. (Dealer threw them in as part of the deal)

The splash guards are a factory option.. but the factory option is that they put them inside the truck for the dealer to install lol.

So you pay $185 (sticker price) and when the dealer preps the vehicle, they are installed at no additional charge (install price is built into the $185).

HOWEVER, I see I can get them for $150 installed.. just seems silly.

The splash guards are a factory option.. but the factory option is that they put them inside the truck for the dealer to install lol.

So you pay $185 (sticker price) and when the dealer preps the vehicle, they are installed at no additional charge (install price is built into the $185).

HOWEVER, I see I can get them for $150 installed.. just seems silly.
Thanks for clearing that up. My back ones were installed but the fronts are on back order. I found that rather strange since most people seem to have either no splash guards or all 4. :scratch:

Mud Flaps

Has anyone ordered and installed the mud flaps accessory? What is the view on whether they are needed to protect the paint behind the wheels from splash/road salt, etc?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford 2011 Explorer Mud flaps

Has anyone ordered and installed the mud flaps accessory? What is the view on whether they are needed to protect the paint behind the wheels from splash/road salt, etc? I ordered front and rear 2011 Ford mud flaps at time of vehicle purchased February 3, Mud flaps arrived week of April 11 and installed today. Mud flaps are nothing special. They may be contoured to fit wheel well but appear to be like most other mud flaps. Dealer installed mud flaps without cleaning wheel wells first. very disapointed. Have pictures but not sure how to post.

Back