Ford truck tailgate equivalents to 2007-2010 Sport Trac | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford truck tailgate equivalents to 2007-2010 Sport Trac

TylerRed

Reaction score
City, State
Royal Palm Beach
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ford, Exp Spt Trc Lt
I am trying to find a soft close kit that would fit my 2007 Explorer Sport Trac. I have found one on Amazon that says it fits the 2007 F150 and Lincoln Mark LT. Will this fit the tailgate of the Sport Trac as well?

Amazon product ASIN B08MZVTY8N

I am trying to find a soft close kit that would fit my 2007 Explorer Sport Trac. I have found one on Amazon that says it fits the 2007 F150 and Lincoln Mark LT. Will this fit the tailgate of the Sport Trac as well?

Amazon product ASIN B08MZVTY8N
I am also looking for a central locking tailgate kit. It is amazing that I haven't found anything like this yet and is annoying that I have to take my key out of the ignition to unlock my tailgate.

two totally different subjects
a soft close system, then a tailgate locking system
softclose system states not for flareside - sport trac uses the same tailgate as the flare sides
lock system - there is some posts on this, and the f150 lock kit will work (pop and lock PL8250)

two totally different subjects
a soft close system, then a tailgate locking system
softclose system states not for flareside - sport trac uses the same tailgate as the flare sides
lock system - there is some posts on this, and the f150 lock kit will work (pop and lock PL8250)
Thank you very much for your response. Do you know of a softclose system for a flareside that would fit the sport trac?

Back