FORD WATER PUMP CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT TRANSFERRED TO MICHIGAN | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FORD WATER PUMP CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT TRANSFERRED TO MICHIGAN

peterk9

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2023 Aviator Reserve 201A
Callsign
VE3

Not being a legal expert it’s too bad this has been transferred to Michigan and to a certain degree kept under wraps. My guess is that this event has happened in almost every state and therefore should be at the federal level for an overall recall of some sort that could include compensation or reimbursement for those that have encountered this issue (lost an engine) and were forced to pay out of pocket without warning. It should also include all owners of this engine that may encounter this issue in the future, again sometimes without warning.

Not being a legal expert it’s too bad this has been transferred to Michigan and to a certain degree kept under wraps. My guess is that this event has happened in almost every state and therefore should be at the federal level for an overall recall of some sort that could include compensation or reimbursement for those that have encountered this issue (lost an engine) and were forced to pay out of pocket without warning. It should also include all owners of this engine that may encounter this issue in the future, again sometimes without warning.
As someone who hasn't encountered this yet, but seems to have every other thing wrong with their vehicle, I'd be satisfied with an extended warranty to cover just this (and any collateral damage for unexpected failure). A preemptive replacement on their dime wouldn't be half bad, either...

Back