Fordpass App | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Fordpass App

I believe that if the engine was started with remote start that if you try remote start again, it will shut off. Not sure about the app. The Manual actually says;
Turning Your Vehicle Off After Remote Starting
Press the button once. Your
vehicle and the parking lamps
turn off.

I don't know if it will turn off if your press the button twice by just recognizing the first press. Something you can test I guess to be sure.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe that if the engine was started with remote start that if you try remote start again, it will shut off. Not sure about the app. The Manual actually says;
Turning Your Vehicle Off After Remote Starting
Press the button once. Your
vehicle and the parking lamps
turn off.

I don't know if it will turn off if your press the button twice by just recognizing the first press. Something you can test I guess to be sure.

Peter
Bottom line is, if you remotely start the engine with the fob, the FordPass app acknowledges the remote start activity.

My point was that if the app already see the vehicle is running that you probably would be allowed to use the app remote start but it might turn the engine off. In other words, the remote start app feature isn't locked out. Just a guess though.

Peter

My point was that if the app already see the vehicle is running that you probably would be allowed to use the app remote start but it might turn the engine off. In other words, the remote start app feature isn't locked out. Just a guess though.

Peter

Peter, your guess is correct. After reading what you said I started mine with the key fob. Once it showed as running on Ford pass, I then shut it off using my phone.

Last week I went in for the 1st oil change 7,500 miles (mostly highway) and for a Mechanical Seat recliner recall. For some reason, on the Ford pass app oil is at 100 percent until next change but the Mechanical Seat recliner recall is still lit up on top left corner. Maybe I have to delete that red sign warning on Ford Pass App main screen on top right corner manually. When I click on it, it says to locate the dealer but I already had it apparently done last week as per paperwork.

Had to remove the app from my Pixel 4XL. Not sure what the issue is except that with the app removed, the phone functions as it should. Put the app back in ........... Bam ! same issues with assistant making calls. Also, the app conflicts with dark mode. Keeps turning it off.

Had to remove the app from my Pixel 4XL. Not sure what the issue is except that with the app removed, the phone functions as it should. Put the app back in ........... Bam ! same issues with assistant making calls. Also, the app conflicts with dark mode. Keeps turning it off.
Did you try clearing the cache and/or data from the app? I have the Pixel 4 XL also, no issues with the Fordpass app.

Never thought to do that. I simply deleted it. Then reinstalled it. So far so good. I want to know where the new map update is.

I don't have a 20 explorer but I have a pixel 4 XL and have no issues with the fordpass app.

Back