FordPass drains iPhone battery | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FordPass drains iPhone battery

Skip Hood

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 XLT
Some of you are probably aware of this issue with the FordPass app on iPhones. Maybe Android too. When the phone has that app installed and has connected with Sync3, the phone’s battery charge plummets. Even when the phone is no longer connected. Even when the app isn’t running. And even when the app is completely shut down with a force quit. The only way I found to stop the drain was to uninstall the app from my phone.

Ford says they’re working on a fix. But that was months ago and I haven’t seen it in any of several app updates since then. Anybody here know where things stand with this issue?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Some of you are probably aware of this issue with the FordPass app on iPhones. Maybe Android too. When the phone has that app installed and has connected with Sync3, the phone’s battery charge plummets. Even when the phone is no longer connected. Even when the app isn’t running. And even when the app is completely shut down with a force quit. The only way I found to stop the drain was to uninstall the app from my phone.

Ford says they’re working on a fix. But that was months ago and I haven’t seen it in any of several app updates since then. Anybody here know where things stand with this issue?
If your iOS (14.3) and APP (3.14 or higher) are up to date Ford and Apple claim the issue is fixed.

Thanks! Those things are up to date. To be honest, I haven’t tried just reinstalling FordPass since none of the descriptions on their subsequent updates mentioned this issue. I’ll give it a go.

I posted this a bit ago. I was having the same issues. I deleted the app for a bit. Then I saw the app was updated. I reinstalled and now I’m good. No issues.

The latest app is version 3.15 updated 2 days ago.

Yep, just reinstalled the app and now there is a notification in it that confirms the issue is fixed. Which of course I hadn’t seen since I’d uninstalled the app. Catch 22😁

I don’t have a 2020 but if you use FordPass, can’t you not use CarPlay? And vice versus. That’s how it is at least in my 2017 and iPhone.

Back