Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 4.6L EB
I tried a diagnostics tool called "FORScan" available for free download:
http://forscan.org/download.html
http://forscan.org/download.html
I have a clone ELM327 bluetooth adapter and it paired well with my windows tablet and this software. It found the following modules from my 2006 Explorer: PCM, TCM, OCS, ABS, RCM, IC, (and of course the standard OBD-II trouble codes.)

My truck has been running great without any issues but the tool found few codes:
- PCM: P1635 - Tire/axle out of acceptable range
- IC: B1915 - Driver airbag circuit capacitance out of range, and B1681 - PATS tranceiver fault.

There were more description for each trouble code as well...

It also seems to have service/reset procedures for PCM, TCM, OCS, ABS, RCM and IC...

Just curious if someone else is familiar with this tool? I'm positively surprised how much diagnostics information can be found with this tool.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I use it. When my tranny was acting up, it gave me a lot more codes than my Inova 3160 (showed no codes whatsoever), it has its limitations but for free it offers lots of help. Very cool tool, they are working on improving it constantly.

Good to know...

I thought about resetting my trouble codes (since it said that they are previously set, not currently present) by performing forced module resets on PCM and IC. I'm just a bit worried that this might erase the programmed keys memory etc... Anyone has any knowledge what the "forced reset" actually does?

EDIT: Found how to clear codes by reading the manual...;) I cleared the codes but the P1635 did not go away. Also new P1000 code "Systems Readiness Test Not Complete" appeared. I guess I need to drive it some to see it go away.

EDIT2: After little googling on the P1635 it could be because I have custom tune (Diablosport InTune) loaded. I did not change axle or tire ratios from stock, so it might be a bug in the tune. Since the truck drives great I'm not too worried about it.

EDIT3: I put back the stock tune and the P1635 did go away. Now to Diablosport to see if they can fix it...

How did you clear the codes ?
Also, do you know if you can read misfire count on cylinders ?

Check the Manual

I don't know about misfire count but I had quick glance on the long list of supported PID's... I wouldn't be surprised if that was supported.

I have a SCT X3 tuner on my 4.6L Ex. I get codes of U0100 (lost communication with ECM) and P1000 (System Readiness Test Not Complete) with the custom tunes installed. They go away when I return to stock tune. I guess it is a tuner thing.

Back