Front Blower motor troubleshooting | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front Blower motor troubleshooting

anyone have any pics of it? dont really know waht im looking for...if not ill take a gander in the morning, about how much to get a new one? thanks alot

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Alright guys,

Good News I fixed it !!!!

Turns out there is a litlle black box between the air filter & passengers side headlight that has a relay & one on the far right if standing in front of the car was bad, tapped it & it worked :D

No it is it's own box with just 3 relays in it, seperate of the main box that has all the relays & fuses, etc, etc.

i did find that lil box that ray is talking about. very hard to get at. almost directly underneath the air filter, anyway i still cant find the resistor...

I did a search for a 96 Explorer, and found these 2 part numbers for the blower resistor: Auxiliary Unit F5TZ 19A706 A, Main Unit F5TZ 19A706 B. An additional search came up with this: Old Part number: F5TZ19A706B.
New Part number: 4L5Z19A706AA.

the resistor is at the back of engine bay on left side right? they wouldnt happen to be covered in a paper type of blanket thing do they? lol

I didn't see it in the picture.
xpic001kd5.jpg

crappy camera anyawy lol. ill take another pic of whole engine bay

i hate the pos camera lol u have to hit the button then hold it still for like 5 seconds for it to take the pic and holding perfecty still is impossible. the screen is off some too, what it shows u in the screen is slightly off from what the real pic turns out to be. ill take a new pic closer to the blower

You have to take the motor out to get at the resistor. Its in the airbox, will be directly below the bottom of the motor opening.

o that helps alot lol. so u just take the blower motor out and its behind it? sounds like next weekends project, anyone know a rough price for a new one? thanks again

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's directly behind the passenger s headlight, it's between the passengers headlight & the air filter. It's alittle black plasic box, it's about 6in long & 2 1/2 wide with a clip on top lid with just 3 resistors in it.

I'm not sure what all years have it but I know my 95 does & the 96 I just got a resistor out of while @ the junkyard.

Back