Front bumper chop

DB_1

Elite Ranger
Reaction score
City, State
La Quinta, Ca.
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 SC Ranger xlt
So I got tired of the boring old stock chrome bumper and decided to give it a facelift. I angle cut the ends and had to modify the mounting brackets for it to fit. I also cut out a piece of the trim to mount the license plate a bit higher than the stock location was. I then scuffed the whole bumper with a 120 grit flap disc on a grinder, primed and painted it with black semi-gloss.

I'll keep this until I come up with tubular bumper design that I like.

img_0802.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice

Thanks guys...also forgot to mention I painted the grill the same color as the bumper trim (flat dark grey), the old color was brushed aluminum. The trim between the grill and hood got the semi-gloss black treatment...it was originally chrome. You can imagine all the colors going on there up front before all the painting was done:confused:...chrome, brushed aluminum, silver hood, purplish grey body color.

clean look

Flat, semi-gloss...what's the difference? I'll never wash it so it'll look flat anyways:p:

So I got tired of the boring old stock chrome bumper and decided to give it a facelift. I angle cut the ends and had to modify the mounting brackets for it to fit. I also cut out a piece of the trim to mount the license plate a bit higher than the stock location was. I then scuffed the whole bumper with a 120 grit flap disc on a grinder, primed and painted it with black semi-gloss.

I'll keep this until I come up with tubular bumper design that I like.

img_0802.jpg

Talk about streeeeeem line. That thing looks like a freekin rocket.
NICE!!!

Back