• Register Today It's free!

Front Bumper removal

Sbyrne97

Reaction score
City, State
Mason Neck, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
97' Mountaineer
How hard/easy is it to remove the front bumper with standard tools (no air/electric tools)? thanks for your help
Diego

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i took my front bumper off...my truck went through 8 up state NY winters and a few Michigan ones and i still got it off with basic hand tools(13mm 1/2" drive socket). Bear in mind i took the jumper off the support because i couldn't get the 1/2" bolts to budge till the bumper was off. You will do fine jsut use a bunch of pb blaster.

I pulled mine off this friday to sand and paint it...it's easy. Just take off the 4 bolts. The only hard part is lining it back up when putting it back on. I just used a jack on each side to hold it up to the right height while I tightened down the bolts.

oh ok thanks guys will be unfortuantely i have to replace the bumper due to a small front end collosion with another small car. Im hoping that its the bumper itself thats bent and not one of the brackets or panel pieces

Back