Front drive shaft axle seal blew on brand new STA 300 miles | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Front drive shaft axle seal blew on brand new STA 300 miles

a1j7g

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Sport Trac Adrenalin
Guys I purchased my new 10 STA V8 AWD this morning in Chicago. It had 7 miles when I picked it up and drove it back to southern IL. Parked it in my parents 3rd car garage waiting until they got home to show them my new purchase. I went in to grab a drink and go to the restroom after coming out I say a wallet sized puddle of Diff fluid on the ground coming from the passenger front drive shaft. I freaked out took it directly to a Ford dealer but they were already closed. Car has 321 miles on it and I am freakin out!! Any one experience this issue?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If your parents have a 3 car garage, then you have nothing to worry about - just drive that ST off a cliff and get another one ;).

I had a front diff seal go out on my old Sport Trac at about 10,000 miles. Screw it, it's on warranty. If it's leaking real bad I wouldn't drive it though, because the front axle is always locked in. Call AAA or see if the dealer will tow it. Just an FYI: In cases like this it helps to be nice to people even though you're upset because 1) the dealer didn't build it and 2) you're not taking it to the dealer where you bought it.

yes as Johnyo says its suxs that that happened but be nice to who ever helps you out, before i got my trac i had a focus and when i took it home the very first time two things happened it overheated like crazy and one of the tires had a bubble in it, I took it back the next day although somewhat pissed i knew it wasn't their fault and the fixed it quick and even gave me a free rental while it was there

Call AAA or see if the dealer will tow it.
No need! As long as it's under warranty, just call Ford's road service 800 number for a free tow to the nearest Ford dealer.

yea its a simple fix. I havent driven it since. Its parked over at my parents till Monday, Ill take it to the dealer before work and drop it off. My dad said he'd take me to work. Just sucks I couldnt drive it over the weekend when its brand spankin new...

Back